Jonathan D Schwartz, MD
- ADJUNCT ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR | Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
MD, Washington University
Residency, Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital
Fellowship, Hematology/Oncology, New York Hospital - Cornell Medical Center
Dr. Schwartz's research involves clinical and translational investigations in gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary malignancies, with emphasis on growth-factor-receptor and cytokine inhibition. As part of his current clinical research he is:\r\n
- Principal Investigator on a multicenter trial utilizing bevacizumab (Avastin; anti-VEGF) in unresectable hepatocellular cancer. \r\n
- Principal Investigator at Mount Sinai for a clinical trial utilizing gemcitabine and thalidomide for pancreatic cancer. \r\n
- Principal Investigator at Mount Sinai for a clinical trial investigating triapine and gemcitabine for biliary tract cancers.\r\n \r\n
- Other studies assessing the role of cytokine upregulation and abnormal gene expression in hepatocellular cancer are underway.\r\n \r\n
Smith LG, Schwartz JD. Disproportionate Use of MEDLINE Searches by Housestaff. Acad Med 1997; 72: 160-161.
Schwartz JD, Simantov R. Thrombosis and Malignancy: Pathogenesis and Prevention. In Vivo 1998; 12: 619-624.
Zhang YJ, Weksler BB, Wang LY, Schwartz JD, Santella RM. Immunohistochemical Detection of Polyaromatic Hydrocarbon - DNA Damage in Human Blood Vessels of Smokers and Non-Smokers. Atherosclerosis 1998; 140: 325-331.
Schwartz JD. Our Ship of Death: Facing Death in Twentieth Century Literature. Pharos 1999; 62: 16-19.
Schwartz JD, Howard W, Scadden DT. Potential Interaction of Anti-Retroviral Therapy with Paclitaxel in Patients with HIV-Related Kaposi's Sarcoma. AIDS 1999; 13: 283-284.
Schwartz JD, Schwartz M, Mandeli J, Sung M. Neoadjuvant and Adjuvant Therapy for Resectable Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Review of the Randomised Clinical Trials. Lancet Oncology 2002; 3: 593-603.
Roayaie S, Schwartz JD, Emre S, Schwartz M. Recurrence of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Following Orthotopic Liver Transplantation. Liver Transplantation 2004; 10: 534-540.