L. Brian Katz, MD
- ASSOCIATE CLINICAL PROFESSOR | Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Endoscopic Surgeons
- New York Surgical Society
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (including stones in the bile duct)
- Laparoscopic Colectomy (Crohn's Disease, ulcerative colitis, familial polyposis, benign and malignant tumors)
- Laparoscopic Small Bowel Surgery
- Laparoscopic Esophagogastric (GERD, hiatal hernia, Achalasia, tumors both benign and malignant, peptic ulcer disease) Surgery
- Laparoscopic solid organ (spleen, adrenal, pancreas)
- Laparoscopic lysis of adhesions (abdominal pain)
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
American Board of Surgery
MD, University of Witwatersrand
Residency, Medicine/Surgery, Johannesburg General Hospital
Residency, Surgery, Veterans Administration Med. Ctr.
Residency, Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital
Medical Student Teaching Award in Surgery for Outstanding Teaching by an Attending
Surgical Attending of the Year
Katz LB, Shaked A, Messer J. Colonic Variceal Hemorrhage: Diagnosis and Management. J Clin Gastroenterol 1985; 7: 67-69.
Katz LB, Aufses Jr AH, Rayfield E, Mitty H. Preoperative localization and intraoperative glucose monitoring in the management of patients with pancreatic insulinoma. Surgery 1986 Dec;: 509-512.
Markovitz LJ, Reyes I, Hunter JG, Katz LB. Multiple spontaneous perforations of the small intestine. Mount Sinai J Med 1987 June; 54(5): 440-442.
Lewis B, Katz LB. Intraoperative scintigraphy to localize gastrointestinal hemorrhage. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1990; 1(171): 388-392.
Szold A, Katz LB, Lewis BS. The surgical approach to occult gastrointestinal bleeding. AM J Surg 1992; 163: 90-92.
Katz L, Lyass S. Laparoscopic Management of Non-Parasitic Splenic Cyst. The American Journal of Gastroenterology 1996; 91(9).
Katz L, Spira RM, Lewis BS. Small Bowel Tumors: Improved Prognosis with Small Bowel Endoscopy. Gastroenterology 1996 April; 110(4).
Zamir G, Lyass S, Pertsemlidis D, Katz B. The fate of the dropped gallstones during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Surgical Endoscopy 1999; 13: 68-70.
Katz LB. The Role of Surgery in Occult Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Seminars in Gastrointestinal Disease 1999 April; 10(2).
Genden EM, Kaufman MR, Katz B, Vine A, Urken ML. Tubed gastro-omental free flap for pharyngoesophageal reconstruction. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2001 July; 127(7): 847-853.