Margaret A Satchell, MD
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR | Pediatrics, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
Specialties:Pediatrics, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Satchell earned her M.D. from the Dartmouth Medical School and went on to do her residency in General Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. She completed a fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care also at the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh and an NICHD Research fellowship at the Safar Center for Resuscitation Research at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Satchell's many honors include Alpha Omega Alpha, member since 1994 and the Annual Scientific Award from the Society of Critical Care Medicine in 2000 and again in 2001.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Anoxic Brain Damage
- Cardiac Arrest
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation For Children
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation For Infants
- Complex Congenital Heart Disease
- Intubation And Mechanical Ventilation
- Liver Failure/Liver Transplantation
- Medical Education Simulation
- Metabolic Encephalopathy
- Pediatric Analgesia And Sedation
- Pediatric Cardiomyopathies
- Pediatric Heart Failure
- Pediatric Palliative Care
- Pediatric Quality Initiatives
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Renal Failure/Kidney Transplantation
- Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Septic Shock
- Status Epilepticus/Seizure Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
MD, Dartmouth Medical School
Residency, Pediatrics, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Fellowship, Pediatric Crit. Care, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Fellowship, Research, University of Pittsburgh
Dr. Satchell's research has focused on the cellular mechanisms involved in neuronal death after traumatic brain injury.
Satchell MA, Zhang X, Jenkins LW, Kochanek PM, Marion DW, Nathaniel PD, Graham SH, Clark RS B. Increase in phospho-BAD via protein kinase B (PKB) after human head injury. J Neurotrauma 2001; 18(10).
Zhang X, Satchell MA, Clark RS B, Nathaniel PD, Kochanek PM, Graham SH. In: Brain Injury: Molecular and Cellular Biology of Critical Care Medicine. Clark, RSB, Kochanek, PM, eds. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston 2001;.
Clark RS B, Satchell MA. Albumin in brain injury: Not just for pressure anymore. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine 2001; 2:3(Suppl): S38-39.
Satchell MA, Kochanek PM, Marion DW, Watkins SC, Alber SC, Clark RS B. Nitrosative stress after severe traumatic brain injury in humans. Critical Care Med 2002; 29(Suppl).
Fink EL, Satchell MA, Kochanek PM, Adelson PD, Janesko KL, Thomas NJ, Clark RS B. Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in CSF of infants and children after severe traumatic brain injury. Critical Care Med 2002; 29(Suppl).