Steven D Zaretsky, MD
- CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR | Orthopaedics
Steven D. Zaretsky, M.D., F.A.A.O.S. , is a graduate of Lehigh University in Pennsylvania and obtained his medical degree at the University of Health Sciences / Chicago Medical School. Dr. Zaretsky is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. He is also certified by the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners.
During his residency at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, he was trained in General Orthopedic surgery, including Trauma at the City Hospital Center at Elmhurst, New York. Following his residency, he completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery under the auspices of the OASIS Group in San Diego, California. His fellowship included the evaluation and treatment of professional, collegiant and high school athletes including the San Diego Charger football team, the San Diego Gulls hockey team and the San Diego soccer team.
Dr. Zaretsky is an expert in Arthoscopic surgical procedures involving the knee and shoulder. He specializes in the evaluation and treatment of meniscus tears, chondral lesions, patellofemoral derangement, ligament injuries and arthritis of the knee. Dr. Zaretsky's expertise involving the shoulder include the evaluation and treatment of rotator cuff disorders, impingement syndrome, instability and arthritis.
Dr. Zaretsky is a solo practitioner of Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine and holds the following academic appointments:
- Assistant Attending, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- Clinical Professor, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Attending Physician, The Center for Specialty Care, New York, NY
In addition to is clinical appointments, Dr. Zaretsky maintains memberships to the following professional organizations:
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Medical Associations
- New York State Medical Society
- American College of Sports Medicine
- New York County Medical Society
- New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Dr. Zaretsky is committed to improving the quality of life of his patients using the safest and most conservative approach possible. He is dedicated to educating his patients so they can feel confident with their treatment plan.
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adhesive Capsulitis
- Adhesive Capsulitis—Arthroscopic Surgery
- Calcific Tendonitis Of The Shoulder
- Meniscal Tear
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Tendinopathy
MD, Chicago Medical School
Residency, Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital
Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital
Fellowship, Sports Med/Arthrosco, Orthopaedic Arthroscopic Sports